Job Title: Sales Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Managerial)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Location: New York, NY
The primary role of the Sales Coordinator is to develop and implement strategies to establish new accounts and expand sales opportunities through unique channels such as yachts and marinas, summer camps, hotels, sports stadiums, hardware stores, festivals, parks and resorts, e-commerce partners, and other opportunities. The Sales Coordinator will also have a special focus on expanding our distribution in Canada as well as facilitating account management processes and communications with external rep teams. The successful candidate will be poised, confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated with exceptional oral, written and presentation skills. The Sales Coordinator must have a strong work ethic, a positive “can-do” attitude, and convey sincerity and passion in selling and representing the MPOWERD brand in these valuable and unique channels.
- Achieve or exceed planned sales goals for all assigned doors and accounts.
- Pro-actively research and understand the marketplace to seek out new sales potential opportunities.
- Attend trade shows both domestically and internationally (as applicable) to help fuel brand awareness and open new accounts.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with independent doors to help expand brand awareness, business development opportunities, sales growth, and overall consumer loyalty.
- Implement effective sales strategies and incentive programs to help boost sales during key seasonal selling periods.
- Generate enthusiasm for the brand on a regular basis by communicating new product launches, sharing social media and PR campaigns, and providing updates on the overall strategic growth of the Company.
- Review and refresh inventory and product mix with accounts in order to maximize sell-through and replenishment orders.
- “Own” the doors within a designated territory and assume responsibility for sales efforts, merchandising, events, trainings, and customer service, as applicable.
- Work closely with the Sales Director to analyze the External Representatives and ensure they are servicing their accounts and meeting all set goals.
- Ensure that all orders are correctly entered into the Company’s ERP system and all internal procedures are followed to successfully ship orders.
- Maintain expense reports and submit all updates on a regular basis to the Sales Director.
Job Requirements / Qualifications:
- 4 Year College Degree preferred (BA or BS)
- 2+ years of experience within the sales industry.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills required.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, collaborative, “can-do” attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven flexibility, pro-activeness and confidence when addressing new opportunities and/or challenges.
- Excellent problem-solving and ideation skill required.
- Working knowledge of standard PC software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook as well as an ERP system.
- Keen attention to detail and dedicated customer service focus.
MPOWERD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.